(JHSC) Joint Health and Safety Committee Member Certification Training, Part 1
The Occupational Health and Safety Act requires certification of at least two members of a Joint Health and Safety Committee (JHSC) for organizations with 20 or more employees.
The course gears students to fulfill the duties of a JHSC certified member and to support the workplace in understanding their roles as part of the Internal Responsibility System in preventing occupational injuries and illnesses.
• Overview of Occupational Health and Safety Law
• Investigation techniques
• Functions and powers of a JHSC
• Work refusals and work stoppages
• The role of MOL inspectors
• The Internal Responsibility System
• Hazard identification and control
• Making recommendations to the employer
• Accident Investigations
• Workplace Inspections
Course Length: 8 hours
Certification Length: 3 years